When it comes to wedding planning, many people like to look up to celebrities who have already gone down the aisle. But apart from stylish and extravagant, celebrity weddings are also very pricey. Actually, the wedding budgets of celebrities are so impressive that we decided to do a research and see which are the most expensive celeb weddings. Here’s what we’ve found:
- Prince William and Kate Middleton (April 29, 2011) – Although Kate and William are part of the British Royal Family, after their big televised wedding they became a true celebrities. According to reports, the Royal wedding cost the astonishing$34 million. Moreover, there were additional $33 million who were spent only on the security. However, the wedding itself did not included many guests. Only 300 people were invited to the ceremony at the Westminster Abbey. However, over 3 billion people followed the event in the media.
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries (August 30, 2011) – This celebrity wedding is way less expensive than Kate and William’s Big Day, but it is still above the average wedding budget. It cost $6 million out of which $25,000 were for Kim’s wedding gown. Too bad the couple divorced only after a few months later.
- Liza Minelli and David Gest (March 2002) – Liza and Gest invited about 850 guests to their wedding. No wonder that the wedding cake was 6-foot tall. The couple spent $700,000… only for the flowers in the ceremony! The total sum of money for this celebrity wedding amounted to $3.5 million.
- Paul McCartney and Heather Mills (June 2002) – Sir Paul McCartney was generous for his wedding with Heather Mills. The musician reportedly spent $3 million and bought a $40,000 gown for his bride. For the ceremony, the couple rented a castle for $40,000 and used fireworks for $150,000. However, the fanfare of lights ended when the Paul and Heather later divorced.
- Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayan (March 2007) The actress married the Indian business man in an 8-day ceremony. The couple travelled from one continent to another, dragging around their guests. As a result, they spent a total of $2.5 million. However, most of them went for hotels and private jets. The couple was probably a bit jetlagged on their honeymoon.
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes (November 18, 2006) – Tom and Katie wedded near one of the most romantic cities in the world – Rome. In addition, the couple created a romantic atmosphere with lots of wine (worth $150,000), designer clothes and Andrea Boccelli in the background. Sources claim that this celebrity wedding amounted to $ 2 million.
- Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman (November 2005) – This famous couple invested a little under $2 million in their Big Day. The bride wore a special $30,000 Christian Lacroix gown. The groom’s outfit was a bit more modest and it cost only $5,000. Christina went with a bold and pricey bridal boquet for which she spent $10,000.
- Elton John and David Furnish (December 2005) – Sir Elton John and his long-time partner wedded the same week when same sex marriages were legalized in Britain. There were more than 600 guests at the wedding who were served $10,000 caviar and $120,000 champagne. The estimated cost of the whole wedding was $1.5 million.
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones (November 18, 2005) – Douglas and Zeta-Jones spent a little under $1.5 million on their wedding. The couple married in a stylish ceremony in the New York Plaza Hotel. Interestingly, the most expensive item in this celebrity wedding was not the bridal gown, which, by the way, cost $140,000. Catherine also wore a $300,000 tiara with diamonds.
- David and Victoria Beckham (July 4, 1999) – The most elegant celebrity couple spent less than a million on their Big Day. Nevertheless, the wedding was quite extravagant and it reminded of a true royal wedding. The couple married in an Irish castle. In addition, Posh and Becks even greeted their guests from big red thrones. Victoria’s gown cost $100,000 and her jewelry $160,000. On the ceremony the Beckhams exchanged rings for $200,000!
These are the most expensive celebrity weddings… for now. However, some of them may soon be replaced by another lavish celebration. In the following months a few Hollywood couples are expected to wed, including justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux, as well as Janet Jackson and her rich young boyfriend.