Luxembourg’s Crown Prince Guillaume and Belgian Countess Stephanie de Lannoy married in a grandiose ceremony in the famous Notre Dame Cathedral.
Despite the fact that this royal wedding was far less publicized and promoted than William and Kate’s Big Day, it still did not lack style and pomposity. Celebrations started two days before the actual wedding ceremony. Right after they tied the knot, Guillaume and Stephanie went out of the Cathedral surrounded by soldiers. Then the couple passed under an impressive arch of swords.
The Prince and the Countess were then kind enough to join the enthusiastic crowds on the streets of Luxembourg City. Following the traditions, they patiently waved to the people from their vehicle. Just like William and Kate, Guillaume and Stephanie ended the wedding celebrations with a kiss on the balcony of the Royal Palace.
The wedding was attended by many royal guests. Among them were Britain’s Prince Edward and his wife, Sweden’s Prince Daniel and Princess Victoria, Japan’s Prince Naruhito and Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
Luxembourg’s Prince Guillaume is heir to the Grand Duchy’s throne. An interesting fact is that Countess Stephanie has agreed to give up her Belgian citizenship. In that way, she will have right to wear the title “Grand Duchess” after her husband is crowned.
Thousands of people watched the Royal Wedding on their televisions. Those who took the streets to witness the event live were provided with huge screens for a better experience. In addition, the wedding was shown in countries all over the world like Russia, Morocco, China and the US.
Stephanie’s wedding gown was designed by Elie Saab. It was made mainly of lace and it had a 5-meter-long train. Because of the historical background of Luxembourg, the wedding followed different German, Luxembourgish and French traditions. At the wedding banquet were invited over 800 guests.
Like with every royal event, there were mementos and souvenirs. Stores around the city lured people with special chocolates, champagne and china created to capture the celebrations for the Royal Wedding.
Prince Guillaume’s choice of bride is highly approved in the royal circles. Stephanie is part of the Belgian nobility. In addition, she is well-educated and is known as a good housekeeper. It seems the Countess will not only make a good princess, but a good wife too!
Ferrero Rocher, 42 Pieces, 525g
- Luscious milk chocolate, crunchy hazelnuts and a creamy chocolatey filling wrapped in a light, crispy wafer
- Each piece is dressed in gold
- Makes a great gift
Heart - “Love You!” Chocolate Valentines Heart. From the Belgian Milk Chocolate 'ButtonChocs' range.
- We use the finest Belgian Milk Chocolate from Barry Callebaut containing 33.6% Cocoa solids.
- These sealed food-safe clear Heart boxes are filled to the brim with scrummy Belgian Milk Chocolate Buttons and are each decorated with a grosgrain ribbon and swing tag.
- They make perfect gifts for Valentine's day or for loved ones. A gorgeous Chocolate Valentines gift for her or Valentines gift for him.
- Search for our complete 'ButtonChocs' collection on Amazon - Over 30 designs available for all occasions.
- Weight of Chocolate Buttons 190g Approx. Clear heart shape box - Height 10cm x Length 10cm x Width 5cm. This product is GLUTEN FREE, contains SOYA and DAIRY. Suitable for KOSHER and VEGETARIANS.
Ferrero Collection, 48 Pieces
- Ferrero Rondnoir - A delicious combination of tastes and textures from fine wafer and rich creamy cocoa filling to a dark chocolate covered hazelnut at its heart
- Ferrero Rocher - A whole hazelnut surrounded by delicious layers of crispy wafer, a creamy filling, smooth milk chocolate and finely chopped hazelnut pieces
- Confetteria Raffaello - Delicate layers of wafer, an elegant creamy centre and a toasted almond, all finished with a sprinkling of coconut
- 48 chocolates
- Perfect for sharing
DSYJ Heart-shape Silicone Chocolate Cake Jelly Candy Mould
- 100% brand new with high quality.
- Convenient to use and easy to wash .
- Material: food grade Silicone and lightweight .
- package:1 x Heart Shape Ice Cube Mold
- Use with sugar paste,petal paste,marzipan,craft clays.
Veuve Clicquot Champagne Yellow Label 75cl
- Golden yellow with a foaming necklace of tiny bubbles, with initial reminiscences of white fruits and raisins, then of vanilla and later of brioche.
- With all the freshness and forcefulness so typical of Yellow Label, here is a true member of the powerful Brut family. Well structured, admirably vinous with lingering aromas echo and re-echo, with each fruit or spice note distinct.
- An ideal aperitif
Taittinger Prestige Brut Rose Champagne, 75cl
- It is aromas are fresh with wild strawberries and a hint of spice
- On the palate this lively, fruity, fresh and elegant wine is balanced
- Delicate salmon pink in colour
- It also goes well with fruit based desserts and selected cheeses
- Champagne the perfect summer aperitif
Heidsieck Monopole Rose Top Champagne
- This award winning Champagne is expertly blended. This elegant Champagne reveals aromas of red summer berries with a hint of pepper.
- Perfect as an aperitif or with a fruit based dessert.
- Heidsieck & Co. Monopole is one of Champagnes oldest and most respected Champagne houses. Established in 1785 by Florens-Louis Heidsieck in Epernay, Heidsieck & Co. Monopole was one of the original Grande Marques of Champagne.
Lanson Black Label Non Vintage Brut Champagne with Gift Box, 75 cl
- Ripe fruits
- 50% Pinot Noir 35% Chardonnay 15% Pinot Meunier
Taittinger Brut Reserve Non Vintage Champagne with Gift Box, 75 cl
- Beautifully brilliant golden colour wine
- With bubbles which are fine and a mousse both discreet and persistent
- On your palate, the flavour is both fruity and bready
- A perfect accompaniment to white meat, lamb with chanterelles, crayfish and mushroom quiche
Chartogne-Taillet Champagne Rose / Brut
- 60% chardonnay, 40% pinot noir
- Grower Champagne
- A delightful perfumed nose that gives up juicy raspberries and strawberries with a hint of rhubarb. The palate is full of gorgeous ripe fruit and rose petals, the wine is youthful and vibrant but with a elegance and concentration that belies its playful nature.