Chinese Wedding Traditions
Every culture celebrates the union of two people differently. Today we decided to draw your attention to some of the most fascinating Chinese wedding traditions.
The red color has a special place in the Chinese wedding traditions and that is why the brides wedding gown is usually red. Chinese people believe that this color stands for love, joy and prosperity and they even decorate the home of the bride and the groom in red on the wedding day.
Another interesting fact about Chinese weddings is that the wedding date is carefully chosen according to astrological signs. Couples are also generally married on the half-hour on their wedding day rather than at the top of the hour. The reason for that is the fact that in this way, the couple begins their journey together while the hands of the clock are moving up, rather than down.
On the wedding day, the groom arrives at the house of his bride on the way to the wedding chapel. The tradition dictates that he should bring gifts of cash, wrapped in red tissue, to give to his bride friends, in exchange for letting her go. Sometimes the wedding couple serves tea to the parents while kneeling in front of them, which is a symbolic gesture of asking for permission. The bride and groom always walk to the wedding stage together.
Chinese wedding ceremonies are traditionally attended only by the couples’s; immediate families. Just after the ceremony and before the wedding reception, the bride who honors tradition should serve tea to her in-laws in a formal ceremony. Then the couple usually goes to a professional studio for wedding pictures before they proceed to their guests reception.
The reception always starts with a welcoming speech, usually performed by an MC who is hired for the occasion. Then the cake cutting ceremony begins. The traditional wedding cake is immense, with many layers which symbolize a ladder that the couple will have to climb to succeed. Couples have to cut the cake from the bottom and work their way up. The cutting of the cake is traditionally the only event of the reception. The bride and groom feed each other a piece of cake with entwined arms and then they feed the grandparents while holding the cake together. Another interesting fact is that Chinese brides often change outfits at least three times during the reception.
Women's Chinese Short Sleeve Cheongsam Qipao Evening Dress Turquoise - size: 18(EU 46)
- Chinese auspicious dragon and phoenix pattern
- Slits about 20 cm long on both sides
- Please refer to the detail size information in product description to find the right fit for you
BOBORA Child Kids Girl Flower & Peacock Sleeveless Chinese Party Dress Qipao Cheongsam 5Colors
- Brand new and high quality,breathable and comfortable to wear for the soft material
- Classic and fashionable design, exquisite craftsmanship,brilliant and classical cheongsam in unique style
- Toddler girls summer dress,great for performance,birthday, homely day,party or daily wear,can be dressed in a variety of circumstances
- Colors: Pink, red, blue, rose red, white
- Please check the product description size before you buy, thank you
UK Seller Red Dragon & Phoenix Chinese Woman Long Evening Party Dress Cheongsam Qipao (UK 8)
- Next Working Day Delivery for UK Customers by First Class. Royal Mail Airmail Delivery for EU Customers.
- Please have a look the 'Size Chart'(within dress photos) before select a size. All our Chinese Dresses were made by Chinese Size, not UK size.
- The Size Chart refers to clothing measurements in inch, NOT your body measurements. If your measurements happen to be between two sizes, please choose the next Bigger one.
- Short sleeve Red Dragon & Phoenix design. Right side zip. Full length. Red colour.
- Material: Chinese Satin. Dry Clean Only!
JTC Women's Short Evening Dress Xxx-Large Acid Blue
- M:Bust 32"------Waist 27"-------Hip 34"
- L:Bust 34"------Waist 29"-------Hip 36"
- XL:Bust 36"------Waist 31"-------Hip 38.5"
- XXL:Bust 38.5"------Waist 33"-------Hip 40.9"
- XXXL:Bust 40.5"-----Waist 34.6"-----Hip 41"