The different Middle Eastern cultures all have different customs and traditions for marriages, but still there are some elements that are quite common between them. Maybe some of them are not new to you others, however, may surprise you. Here are some of most important traditions accompanying the wedding ceremony in the Arab world.
Let’s start with arranged marriages which are still very common in the middle East. Contrary to the popular belief, these marriages are not forced. They are just arranged by the parents, in which the children give their willing consent. Moreover, it is often the case that arranged marriages are simply a matter of formalizing the situation for a couple that already knows each other.
The marriage contract is another very popular tradition in the Arab world. It must be signed in front of witnesses, and its aim is to point out the specific responsibilities of each party. It also usually outlines several monetary conditions – for example, the dowry and what happens in case of a divorce. The signing of the contract is considered to be an important step of the wedding preparations and is often followed by a large celebration, which is just one of the multiple celebrations preceding the actual wedding ceremony.
The party after the marriage contract is signed should happen before Henna night and only women are invited to this event. A woman draws the Mehndi (a kind of a temporary tattoo in some very intricate and beautiful designs) on the bride’s and guests’ feet and hands.
The engagement celebration is also very important. The family of the bride usually hosts a reception in their home, where the groom formally asks for the bride hand in marriage from her father or the eldest man in the family. After the father agrees, the families read the Fatiha (the first sura in the Quran) and drink sharbat a sweet cordial prepared from flowers or fruit.
As far as the Arab wedding reception is concerned, in some areas traditions are not so different from what happens in the West – there are speeches, dances, and singing, and the bride and groom may even cut the layered wedding cake and throw a bouquet of flowers. However, in more rural areas you may come across more reserved events, or ceremonies that have a little more traditional setting. Observing a traditional Arab wedding ceremony could be a great way to learn more about the Arab culture as a whole!
Power Yoga Weight Loss - 20 Minute Workout Erica Vetra
|Genre||Fitness - Intermediate|
|Product Type Name||DOWNLOADABLE_MOVIE|
|Studio||Psychetruth Target Public Media LLC|
|Title||Power Yoga Weight Loss - 20 Minute Workout Erica Vetra|
Yoga: The Top 100 Best Yoga Poses: Relieve Stress, Increase Flexibility, and Gain Strength (Yoga Postures Poses Exercises Techniques and Guide For Healing Stretching Strengthening and Stress Relief)
6 used from £ 9.11
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 9781546851028|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 1000; Length: 700; Width: 49|
|Label||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|
|Manufacturer||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|
|Number Of Pages||216|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 63; Length: 992; Weight: 97; Width: 701|
|Product Type Name||ABIS_BOOK|
|Publisher||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|
|Studio||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|
|Title||Yoga: The Top 100 Best Yoga Poses: Relieve Stress, Increase Flexibility, and Gain Strength (Yoga Postures Poses Exercises Techniques and Guide For Healing Stretching Strengthening and Stress Relief)|
Proworks Large Padded Yoga Mat with Carry Handle for Pilates / Exercise / Gymnastics – Black
1 used from £ 10.44
- Improve your health, fitness and wellbeing with these thick, cushioned exercise mats from Proworks; perfect for yoga, gymnastics, Pilates, stretching, abdominal exercises and general workouts.
- Made from premium quality latex-free, phthalate-free NBR foam, these padded workout mats are specially designed to provide optimal comfort and support during your exercise routines.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, these durable yoga mats are easy to set up, quick to unroll and most importantly, stay flat on the floor with no curling of the edges.
- A convenient strap holder is also included to ensure your mat is kept tightly wrapped up, which combined with the lightweight design of the mat, makes storage and transport much easier.
- Dimensions: 183cm Length ¦ 60cm Width ¦ 1cm Height.
VWH Women Yoga Socks Pilates Non-slip Dance Barre Fitness Anti-slip Socks (black)
- pack:1 pair,size:18cm , Material: cotton
- the socks feel natural, comfortable, breathable and versatile. Cotton can also hold its shape and stretch without warping. With the component of spandex and elastic, the socks stay in place, no sliding down and keep optimal grips for maximum performance.
- Anti-slip AD Taylor yoga socks enhance balance and stability and allow you to safely practice. Soft silicone sole is ergonomically designed to contour the natural shape of your foot and guarantee a firm grip which can help you keep better control of your movement on the floor or mat. Great for Yoga, Hot Yoga, Pilates, Barre and Dance exercise and any other physical workouts done without shoes.
- The socks come with different colors. Fashion and beautiful design for travel, studio, home and gym, as well as the function of the foot warm. One size for most, fits Women's shoe size
- Comfortable and breathable, helps to absorb sweat and keep feet dry. Silicone sole prevents slipping, offers balance and stability
Yogamatters Yoga Block
- 30.5cm x 20.5cm, 5cm; 0.25 kg
- Made from high grade non-toxic foam
- Extra durable and scratch resistant
- Stylish with rounded edges and corners to provide additional comfort and an easier hand grip